I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Gator at The Florida Aquarium

gatir at The Florida Aquarium
Gator at The Florida Aquarium
December 14, 2010

One of the first things we noticed at the resort where our vacation home is located was the numberous gator warning signs.  There are signs to stay out of the water and signs to not aggravate or feed the gators.  I thought they were rather humorous until we spotted our first live gator sunning itself on the shore of one of the ponds.  I have taken a lot of chances over my lifetime just to get a picture of something I'm interested in especially wild life like tracking a black bear but I have a rather healthy respect for gators.  A gator can out run a human in a straight line and if I ever tried the zig-zag running method, I'd trip after the first stride if I could actually move!  I've managed to get a lot of great pictures of the gators roaming our resort from the safety of the car or golf cart.  It was interesting to get up a bit closer picture of this gator at The Florida Aquarium tucked safely behind an acrylic barrier.  He was indeed a huge adult gator!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.