I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, January 17, 2011

Wetlands Gallery at The Florida Aquarium

the Florida wetlands exhibit at The Florida Aquarium
Wetlands Gallery
December 14, 2010

Florida is home to a vast amount of wetlands and that is reflected in the Wetlands Gallery at The Florida Aquarium.  The displays are mainly raised to about chest level and open allowing the 30 species of free flying birds to land where they wish along the water's edge, in the mangroves and in the larger trees.  The displays also give a wonderful view of what is going on below the water's surface.  Turtles and fish swim amongst the mangrove roots.  It is really a very lovely and rather large exhibit to wander through.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.