I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sea Anemones at The Florida Aquarium

sea anemones at The Florida Aquarium
Sea Anemones
December 14, 2010


We had aquariums when our kids were growing up.  There is something calming and relaxing about watching fish.  I've always loved going to larger aquariums to see those fish and other aquatic life that is not available to the home aquarist.  Sea anemones are actually predatory animals (phylum Cnidaria, order Actiniaria) that live in the water.  They are closely related to corals, jellyfish and Hydra.  Se anemones have a flower-like appearance and are brightly coloured.  Watching them sway gently in the current that accentuates their natural movements is sheer magic!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.