I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, August 19, 2011

Moving Preparations Escalate

porsche
The Porsche
July 31, 2011

Our moving preparations have escalated since we get the keys on September 1.   Aside of packing we've been shopping.  After much discussion we decided that we deserve a few new pieces of furniture for our new house.  We've been married forever so want to replace the tired for new.  We knew that we wanted to go to a gas range and replace the dishwasher anyway so adding in new furniture just entered the discussion.  We set a budget then yesterday we went shopping.  I am a very frugal person with expensive tastes especially when it comes to kitchen equipment.  What is really nice is my husband and I have very similar tastes when it comes to furniture and appliances.  I don't like shopping either so it works well that we have similar tastes.  Yesterday we bought the dishwasher, natural gas range and bar height breakfast table set (table with two bar stools).  Those items will be delivered out on September 2.  We looked at the mattresses and bedroom furniture and we are about 75% sure we want the dining room set we saw. 

Obviously with all the new furniture and appliance purchases that gorgeous Porsche is not going to be gracing our new driveway any time soon.   I really do like the new driveway though!  It is interlocking brick, so much nicer than asphalt.  The sidewalks are interlocking brick as well so trés chique! 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.