I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, August 26, 2011

When I Get Sick...

When I get sick there are two major symptoms - my face especially my cheeks get bright red and I do mean bright red AND I spike a high temperature.   I've always been like this so when my cheeks were flaming yesterday I took my temp and sure enough it was spiking AND appearing to want to continue rising, I was a bit concerned.     I went back to check the warnings of the med I'm on and apparently flushing and fever can be one side effect.  Ok, this is well beyond flushing but might fall under fever but still cause for concern.  I decided on a cool bath and aspirin to bring the temp down. 

When I'm sick I don't want to be coddled or waited on or anything.  I want to be left alone (not kidding), listen to my body and heal.  Heck, I know the biology and physiology behind what is happening and know how to respond.  I don't want someone telling me to eat when I know clear fluids is the best course of action.  Seriously, I hibernate.  I know you need to starve a fever so going without food for a few days doesn't bother me one iota.

My husband tries this coddling thing when I'm sick.  I puts me into the foulest mood ever something that is not conducive to healing.  I can't convince him to just leave me alone.  Don't talk to me, don't ask questions...just leave me alone.  But it is not his nature to do that.  In the long run that's likely a good thing and honestly I know he really cares, but I just want to be left alone when I'm sick.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.